Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I won! I won!

This week at work we've been having Employee Appreciation week. Every year, we have a company picnic where they draw names and employees win all sorts of different prizes. I have been going to these for 4 years now and Jon has been going for 5 years and neither of us have ever won. Until this year...

The planning committee had drawn a ton of names already and if I'm not mistaken my prize was the second to last to be drawn. It was kind of funny because they announced that the next prize was 10 sessions to a tanning salon, since I'm pregnant I was joking around at my table about how that would be the prize I would win since it's the only year I can't use it. Sure enough, my name was called and I was the winner of the 10 sessions of tanning.

I was kind of excited about winning, but also kind of bummed because I can't use the prize anyway. My due date is November 24 of this year and the expiration date on the tanning sessions in December 31, 2010. So, even if I were to have my child on time I would be really hard-pressed to use all 10 sessions up before they expired (pretty sure this would also be the last thing on my mind after giving birth!)

I went to my friend Debbie in Payroll because she had been a part of the planning committee to find out when they were going to publish the list of winners so that I could try to find someone that I could trade prizes with.

Long story short, Debbie found the list and enlisted the help of another HR person Sherri to figure out which people liked to tan and also which ones of those few had won some good prizes. They found a girl that had won the $50 Applebee's gift card and called her up and she said that she'd be happy to trade. Sherri did all the running around of swapping the gifts between the two of us and when she came to give me my Applebee's gift card she told me that the girl had heard that the winner of the tanning package was pregnant, so she was trying to find me anyway to trade. That turned out well! So yay for me! I now get to go to Applebee's!!!

No comments: