Friday, December 23, 2011

Kyleigh at 12 Months

I can't believe that my little girl is already a year old. It seems like just yesterday I was delivering her. Already in the short time she has been with us, she has been such a delight.

I'm not planning on writing a whole lot...I just mainly want to start jotting down a little each month about what she is up to developmentally.

Kyleigh is still not walking - which is totally fine with me. She does walk along the couch or furniture as long as she can have at least one hand holding on to things, she cruises right along.

These days, she tries to imitate pretty much everything she hears. Just a few minutes ago she was playing with her toy from Amma and Papa that is about sea animals. Pretty sure she just tried to say dolphin and turtle.



She currently does say:
Mama
Dada
Papa
No
Dog
Woof-woof
Duck
Quack Quack
Ky (short for Kyleigh)

She also has picked up on some sign language - though we didn't teach it to her. She rubs her belly for please and also raises her hands up in the air when she is done with her food.

She turns out the lights, claps her hands (especially when we praise her), high fives, waves and blows kisses.

It's a good thing she catches on to things quickly because if she didn't I think we'd have a lot of meltdowns on our hands. She has quite the little temper.

It is so much fun seeing her learn something new, she gets so excited - especially when she says new words or repeats after someone. You can tell she is really wanting to be able to communicate with us.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll try to add stuff every now and then.

No comments: