Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Kyleigh's Life on December 28th, 2011

Kyleigh is at such a fun stage right now. Today we were watching Baby Genius video's that just came in the mail. Kyleigh was watching one about Animals. They were showing all sorts of video of butterflies when I looked to see Kyleigh raising her arms straight up in the air above her head and then lowering them out. I wasn't sure what she was doing until I realized that she was imitating the movements of the butterflies.

Also, today when I was finishing up changing her diaper I was counting what snap I was on with her onesie (something I've done for almost every diaper change from day one). I said, "one" and then she said "two". I told her "very good. What comes after two?" She grinned and said "tree." We practiced a few more times and then went about our day. This evening when Jon got home (many hours later), he was showing me something we got in the mail today. Kyleigh wanted to see it and so he gave it to her. He said something about it being a little baby dumbbell. I grabbed it and showed Kyleigh how to use her "dumbbell" (it's really a part for our new trailer hitch for our car). I said, "and one, and two, and Kyleigh what comes next?" She said, "tree". Jon was grinning and I said "did you hear her?" He was like "yeah, but did she really know what came next?" I was like, "yep we practiced this afternoon. She knew that three was the next number." My smart little girl!

Totally unrelated, but wanted to remember later on at this point in Kyleigh's life she has 7 teeth though I noticed number 8 is poking through again today - maybe it will actually stay this time.

No comments: