Thursday, September 6, 2007

Clothes Pins and Puppy Dogs

When my sister Tami was learning how to walk, she could only walk if she was holding on to something. I'm not sure how it started, but at some point, my parents gave her clothes pins to hold on to. If she had both clothes pins in hand, she was fine and would toddle all over. If one of them dropped, she would start to teeter around and drop to the ground crying. Cute story, right but where do puppy dogs fit in.

Well, I realized last night that Boo was my clothes pin. We got Boo the day before Jon started third shift, partially because we wanted a dog and partly so I would have company during the night when Jon was at work. In my mind I know that there is absolutely nothing that Boo could have done in case of an intruder, but at the same time I always felt safe and secure knowing she was in the house. Last night, I had my friend Brenda over and I still felt like something was missing. That someone could come in. So, you see Boo was my security even though she probably would have whined at an intruder to let her out and that would be the extent of her protection.

So, even more I realize how much I miss my baby!

No comments: